We are looking for UI Developer having a minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience working on web
- Work closely with design, product management, and development teams to create elegant, usable, responsive and interactive interfaces across multiple devices;
- Turning UI/UX designs into prototypes, creating excellent interactions from designs, writing reusable content modules and maintainability of the code;
- Implement UI development principles to ensure that the product client-side serves at scale;
- Review and optimize the app usage by monitoring key metrics and rectifying the issues proactively;
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and bring in optimal flow for rapidly changing design/ technology;
- Use markup languages like HTML 5 to create user-friendly web pages;
- Maintain and improve the website;
- Optimize applications for maximum speed;
- Design mobile-based features (Responsive);
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability;
- Write functional requirement documents and guides;
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting;
- Ensure high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency;
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- 8+ years of web application development;
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3;
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS;
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Photoshop is a plus;
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git & Mercurial.
Good to Have
- Experience on Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, sublime text or any other coding editor.
Required Soft Skills
- Demonstrate drive, determination, enthusiasm, and an ability to work effectively as a team member;
- Exhibit the ability to solve problems efficiently;
- Should be dedicated, self-disciplined, proactive, follow deadlines and able to work independently;
- Should have good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
Apply for this job
Please enter the following information.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
Merit takes pride in offering extensive inhouse training programmes focused on developing employees for career progression – including specific competence in technology and processes, as well as interpersonal skills.
From intense ‘finishing schools’ that shape the next generation of team leaders to internal training and placement programs that identify and train staff with potential in tech to help them reach their potential, we are committed to bringing the best out of the individuals that make up Merit.